Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Omegle...

My friend Kate showed me this link earlier tonight, and I've spent (wasted) the better part of the past two hours on it. Basically you get on this site and it automatically pairs you up with a random person, and you chat. Either person can disconnect from the conversation at any point, and start another conversation with another, totally anonymous person. All I've really learned is that it's flooded by 4chan goons.

Omegle


Omegle is a brand-new service for meeting new friends. When you use Omegle, we pick another user at random and let you have a one-on-one chat with each other. Chats are completely anonymous, although there is nothing to stop you from revealing personal details if you would like.

I wish I'd saved some of the more interesting conversations, but here's a few excerpts:

Stranger: you know edible arrangements?
Stranger: i was thinking
Stranger: what if there were edible arrangments
Stranger: except with dried meats
Stranger: so like a turkey jerky petunia
Stranger: and a beef log stem
Stranger: and with all this populist outrage over the financial crisis i could serve sundried CEO heads as the centerpiece

-------------------

Stranger: Evnin
You: Hi there
You: How're ya
Stranger: Fucked over, not litteraly tho :(
You: Oh shit, why?
You: Is everything ALRIGHT?
Stranger: I cinda go, Given upp, And let down..Desserted, And i cried
Stranger: But its never gonna give me upp, Never gonna let you down..
You: Oh no.
You: Ricky
Stranger: Im afriad so
You: D:
You: D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
You: After a while they stop looking like D: and start looking like :D
Stranger: ^_^
You: It's like bipolar disorder or something.
Stranger: Mhm, It feels like getting rickrolled by your fucking 50 year old parents

Yeah.

Warren

1 comment:

John said...

I figured Kate would pass it on.

You: Hi
Stranger: Hey, is this Terry? This website you told me about isn't just IM, I guess.
Stranger: Its like a random chat.
You: No
Stranger: But we logged on at the same time sooo...
Stranger: Weird!
Stranger: Huh.
You: I'm John, sorry
Stranger: How was your mom after everything today?
Stranger: What?
Stranger: Who's this?
You: John
You: John Henry Geoghegan
Stranger: Hey, J.
You: Hi
Stranger: This is Derrick
You: Sorrythat I am not Terry
Stranger: I'm trying to reach Terry
Stranger: It is okay. Terry is handsome though.
You: If I find him, I'll let you know
Stranger: Sometimes I miss him at night.
Stranger: Thanks, J.
Stranger: You are peach pie.
Your conversational partner has disconnected.